We provide a hassle-free, comprehensive building service from design and council approval to completion
Five Quick Steps to Granny Flat Approval
If you’re looking to build a granny flat, then you’re in luck!
Granny flats can be approved in a quick 10-day turnaround period if they comply with the Complying Development Conditions put forward in the Affordable Rental Housing SEPP.
Whether you’re looking to build a home to meet your family’s needs or to improve upon your investment, a quick and almost guaranteed approval is priceless.
These are the five golden rules you must satisfy to get the quick-and-easy approval we are talking about:
1. You can only have one house and one granny flat on the block.
2. The residential lot is not already sub-divided and is a minimum of 450 square metres in size.
3. The maximum floor area of the granny flat is 60 square metres.
4. The combined total floor area of the house and granny flat on the residential lot still comply with the local Council’s requirements.
5. The granny flat meets the necessary requirements of the building code and is in compliance with the planning controls, including building set-backs and heights.
If you don’t meet these requirements, don’t worry too much.
This is where having a builder specialising in granny flats, such as Lifestyle Lodges, becomes an even bigger bonus, as they can use their expertise to guide you through the Development Application process.
For further, more detailed reading, have a look at the Affordable Rental Housing SEPP here. Be warned though, it is full of builder-talk and is likely to put you to sleep, so if you’d like to have a chat about all of this…
We will guarantee your satisfaction with our service and the project we complete for you.
In a technology-ruled world, we prefer to develop our client base through word-of-mouth, relying on our quality workmanship, old-fashioned service, and the high level of satisfaction of customers to maintain our reputation in the industry.