If you’re looking to build a granny flat, then you’re in luck!
Granny flats can be approved in a quick 10-day turn-around period if they comply with the Complying Development Conditions put forward in the Affordable Rental Housing SEPP. And whether you’re looking to build a home to meet your families needs or improve upon your investment, a quick and almost-guaranteed approval is priceless.
These are the five golden rules you must satisfy to get the quick-and-easy approval we are talking about:
1. You can only have one house and one granny flat on the block.
2. The residential lot is not already sub-divided and is a minimum of 450 square metres in size.
3. The maximum floor area of the granny flat is 60 square metres.
4. The combined total floor area of the house and granny flat on the residential lot still comply with the local Councils requirements.
5. The granny flat meets the necessary requirements of the building code and is in compliance with the planning controls, including building set-backs and heights.
If you don’t meet these requirements, don’t worry too much. This is where having a builder specialising in granny flats, such as Lifestyle Lodges, becomes an even bigger bonus, as they can use their expertise to guide you through the Development Application process.